01 March 2007

Last Days of Smithing


Last night was my last metalsmithing class (sigh!) -- but it was one of the most fun. I pulled out my silver and went to town. I did so much crafting that by the end of the night I was a little spaced-out and forgetful, which prompted a classic hippie line. Imagine this delivered with an utterly earnest and intent gaze by a goateed and behatted craft boy behind the front desk: "How would we ever know when we are found if we were not sometimes lost?" This was in response to my misplacing six inches of silver wire. I definitely think there was some smoked product wafting out of the pottery room. In fact, I had the munchies when I left...coincidence?



Finally, I thought Jeff deserved his own motto bracelet for all the nights he picked me up after class:


I wish I could take the metal casting class next quarter, and glass blowing, and lots of other things, but truthfully I'm going to need to be buried under the comps reading until May or June. It was fun while it lasted, maybe I'll go back next year.

2 comments:

Dolce Vita said...

Beautiful!

I, too, hope you get to take smithing again.

kungfuramone said...

I should have asked you for an "existence precedes essence" bracelet. Or maybe a "nous sommes le pouvoir" one...