16 May 2007

I Heart Bright Eyes

I don't know what it is about the last few days, I've just been listening to that album a lot. Especially Road to Joy. I think it's just that I really love political music. Somehow it goes with my teaching style, which, based on today's class on Brown, is approximately 70% leftist political rant (%40 race, 20% class, 10% antiwar, 'cause there's always room for that), 20% legal theory, and 10% random mentions of Republicans doing something awesome or Democrats being sinister (easy enough to find examples of that), just because I like to confuse them. Hey, when did I stop talking about gender? The irony! I guess I have next week's lesson plan done now.

I would also like to officially thank E. for turning me on to Feist, the official musical sponsor of my grading last weekend.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

my favorite 'confuse the undergrads' moment was talking up how much Hitler did for Germany, and how much Stalin did for Russia, economically. That was fun. :) Papers - okay. :) They're kinda cute since they make so many basic English mistakes.

marie said...

c-lo, i do hope you've seen the video. the most fun in canada, ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Z-DIAthbM