04 December 2006

Shameless Self-Promotion

So I have a shop now! Finally, you can fulfill all your dangly earring needs! Big thanks to E. and R! for their work on the pictures, which look fabulous and undoubtedly deserve most of the credit for the following. I am having a very good Monday morning, because after staying up late last night grading, I finally posted all the photos and descriptions just before midnight (along with some temporary images -- my graphic design team is currently otherwise occupied). And I woke up having sold 8 pairs while I slept! There is seriously no better way to wake up than to find that a bunch of strangers like the stuff you enjoy making and want to pay you money for it and it all happened while you were happily dreaming about Italy. I think it's partially due to the way Etsy works, kind of like Ebay, where if you're browsing for jewelry, whatever is most recently listed pops up. Still, I am revelling. That's almost as much as I make in a week of grad-studenting! Cheese for everyone tomorrow!

5 comments:

r? said...

Strong work...The images look great. I'm happy that the denizens of the internet have more taste than the patrons of the holiday market.


r!

Rachel said...

You've sold 13 thus far (of 18 listed) which is excellent. Have to say, if I had pierced ears, I would buy those pretty rose ones, or maybe the plummy purple. Both of which I believe are now sold. I like the simpler ones, but they're all so pretty! You could probably sell them for $19 (less psychologically than $20) and still sell them as quickly. They're beautiful. :)

Y. said...

Yay! Gorgeous earings C! Congrats on the sales. I'm realizing I'm allergic to earrings, otherwise, I'd definitely buy a few pairs...not that you'll have any left before long. =)

A said...

Congrats! Looks great!

Cabiria said...

Thanks y'all! I'm trying to churn out more now -- what a fun part-time job! Way superior to Kaplan.