23 October 2006

The Nutria Menace!


OK, I had a really bizarre dream last night, and two hours later, I'm still suffering from nutria-related PTSD flashbacks. I was chased through a house (not mine) along with some other faceless/useless person by a huge nutria. This was "the most vicious, foul-tempered rodent ye've ever laid eyes on!" (tm/Monty Python/) It trapped us in the bathroom, horrifying hairy claws - shudder - pushing open the door that I had to physically hold closed until someone, anyone could come and kill the thing. Yeah, I, the (half-assed, but still) vegan, animal lover -- hell, I thought nutrias were cute and misunderstood and the people around here who kill them were super mean until now -- I was ready and waiting for someone with a gun to show up and blow it away. It was WEIRD.

The only thing I can think of is that this is somehow tied to the syllabus for my summer class I was writing all day yesterday, since I definitely have not had any recent rodent interactions. So, is the faceless person cowering in the bathtub that I felt I had to protect my syllabus? Or is it my yet-to-be-solidified dissertation topic that I feel I have to protect from the Nutria of Naughty Habits and Slacking Off? Hmmm...or maybe it's the repercussions from the leftover rubber cement fumes in my room after a B.C.C. craft evening last night. Or, perhaps, a nutria is just a nutria. I don't know. When in doubt, I'll usually just assume the nutria (bogeyman, whatever) represents capitalism, 'cause you know, evil and dirty and probably stinks.

Anyone else have any weird dreams lately?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I had a dream I was late for the train again. There is no hidden meaning in that dream - I've missed two lessons and been late twice because of missing my train. As far as the nutria - I did have a dream that I was being attacked by pigeons once. I would assume it's at about the same level of grossness (one nutria, a swarm of pigeons). But who knows - the pigeons could have represented how capitalism ... okay, nevermind.

A said...

I haven't dreamt lately, by I dream of 8 full hours of dreamy sleep...off to gender seminar!