28 October 2006

Terror in the Corn!


Hit the corn maze last night with some of the history folk. Misty, foggy, ten-foot-high corn stalks, screaming tweens, and the occasionally well-timed chainsaw toting madman jumping out of the corn as we wandered in circles getting lost (and eventually finding the way out) make for some authentic Halloween fun. More pictures on E.'s blog.

Two things:

1. I make a yummy tofu pot pie and red lentil moroccan soup. And I in no way dropped a pie on the floor after taking it out of the oven. That would be ridiculous. But if I had, hey, at least I would know myself well enough to make two, just in case. The second one had a kitty on it! Luckily, since my friends are grad students, they can't be too picky over what they eat and are more than happy to consume food off the floor.

2. I also totally did not trip over a corn stalk and fall on my face in the maze. But if I had, at least it was not because my shoes were on the wrong feet. It was the corn! And my special powers of instant karma were intact, since F. fell as well about ten seconds after laughing hysterically at me. Take that, corn demon!

No comments: