02 November 2006

Quote of the Day

I am feeling sick today (I blame my job) and I have a long day of class and standardized test teaching ahead. The most pathetic part is that I am actually looking forward to a quiet weekend after this so I can actually grade the remaining 60 of these greenbooks (they're green here, trees or something). Here is this morning's quote from a student's midterm:

"After the concering (sic) of the Inca people and the transport of the gold to Europe the Spanish wanted more. You could say that they were greedy."

Love the understatement. I'm still waiting for one of them to discuss the religious reasons for the conquest. I guess they'd like to pretend that wasn't part of it.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

maybe they left it out because religion isn't so much a reason as a convenient justification. Makes people feel better than just openly admitting they want power and money. greedy... ya think? :)