08 February 2007

I Hammered This on my Anvil


You must say the title to yourself in a Napoleon Dynamite monotone. I'm pretty much awesome at smithing.

Voila - my first pair of earrings! They're very basic, but fun, and even as I was finishing them I had twenty new ideas for more intricate things to make. An evening of metalsmithing, dapping, sinking, drilling, soldering and anvil-hammering left me so macho I actually ripped some plastic door piece off of Jeff's car afterward. Of course, his preadolescent daughter has apparently also ripped that piece off, so that lessens my machismo. We'll just call it feminismo, because, let's face it, that's even better. Feminist smithies unite!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

that is so cool! I love those. :)

Dolce Vita said...

Bravo!

I have this image in my mind of welding entailing one of those big black leather aprons and a reflective face shield. How totally feminismo!

Double bravo!

A said...

Huzzah for feminismo metal smithing!