16 February 2007

Stuff Made This Week

Friends with Cat, by E. She actually sought out a lap and snuggled on it more than once. Animals have impeccable timing.


Cake for Jake's birthday celebration. Carrot, with cream cheese frosting and a message carved out of carrots by the inimitable E. (who else says Huzzah!?) and carrot flowers carved with apple peel stems by me. It reminds me of the Neutral Milk Hotel song, King of Carrot Flowers. Such a good song. Sigh. Such a good band.


Metalsmithing, item 1. My two E.'s both got matching brushed silver earrings -- yes, I realized at some point they were like little silver Scrabble tiles. Whatever, I think that makes them cuter.


Yes, I was playing with metal stamps. I also made my arms ache holding a torch above my head for so long. Badass! Of course, the other part of that story is that the reason I was holding it there for so long is that I wasn't using the hottest part of the flame, which is actually close to the tip, not close to the torch. Then things went much faster. Nobody said badasses were smart.


And a matching necklace. The "R" stamp was the toughest in this set, so I blame it, not me. Whatever, the revolution will not be perfect, it may even start off a little abstract...

No comments: