26 January 2007

Off and Away

I'm leaving for Portland in twenty minutes and I haven't yet packed, so this'll be short:

-- Stitch n' Bitch sessions rock. When A.'s partner B. got home and we were all still there at 11 pm, she surmised that there had been "too much bitching, not enough stitching." Yes, in the best possible way. A good cure for a weird funk I've been in this week off and on.

-- The lovely Marie turned me on to this blog: I Blame the Patriarchy. Don't read it unless you enjoy deeply sarcastic radical feminism. Between Saru and Twisty Faster, there's hope yet.

-- Erin makes a mean spaghetti.

To Powells! To Jessica! To the City of Roses!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I like that blog. I have found that watching some movies is entirely ruined for me because I've started analyzing the underlying assumptions behind them, such as the classic "Working Girl" which I watched over Christmas. The pretty, soft spoken, "good girl" gets the job, the guy and the respect at the end, and the not as pretty, "mannish" women gets screwed. Whatever. Stupid movie anyway.